About Me

My photo
Retired publishing executive ecstatic with the idea of spending most of his time on the coast of Maine

Monday, February 13, 2012

US National Toboggan Championships

My second annual best-name winners among the teams competing at the 22nd annual USNTC, held at the Camden Snow Bowl this past weekend.

Four-person teams

Gold: Morning Wood
Silver: Disproportional Vikings
Bronze: Eat More Kale
Honorable Mention: Team Testicular Fortitude

Three-person teams

Gold: 3 Empty Mugs
Silver: Pulseless
Bronze: 2 Dirty Old Men and Kim
Honorable Mention: Sled Dog Millionaires

Two-person teams

Gold: Nothing to Luge
Silver: Throbbin Boggins
Bronze: Chute, I'm out of Beer (up one place from last year)
Honorable Mention: Soupcon de Plunder (mostly because I have no idea what it means)

Once again, my winners do not correlate well with the real winners. Also, remember that I experience the races from the comfort of my computer, and thus, unlike most judges, am subject to none of the following: bribes, appeals to my better self, the temptation of pretty faces or outrageous costumes, frozen writing fingers. I can be bought only by bad puns and existentialism.

No comments: