Why don't more people get off the beaten path? Why do we all travel the same routes, clutching our guidebooks? Some answers:
- Lives are run by the clock.
- Do they speak English in Maine?
- Tours take care of us, we don't have to worry.
- There's not enough time to get lost.
- We might not get good pictures if someone hasn't already been there to tell us about it.
- Gotta get home - NCIS is on at 8:00.
- We like the pre-paid chicken pot pie at Old Harry's Green Mountain Eatery.
- You went where for a color tour?